A group hike leader is…
- Punctual, friendly & sociable – Arrives on time and makes everyone feel welcome, included, and a part of the hike / conversation.
- Responsive – Responds to Meetup.com comments and messages.
A group hike leader takes safety and navigation seriously and…
- Takes photos at the event and posts them afterwards
- Reports any member or event issues to [email protected]
- Brings at least one map of the route pre-printed on paper for each cluster of hikers so it can be shared.
- No limits will be placed on attendance for general hikes.
- If more than 25 geeks show up to hike, split the group into two with a captain for each group. (Groups of 15ish)
- Distribute groups evenly (counting off is a good way). Groups should not be split based on skill level.
- Request that all hikers stop at every trail junction to meet up.
- Make sure that the same number of people that go on the trail, get off the trail.