Rental and Group Trip Terms
- You agree to treat the rental equipment like it’s a friend’s, and give it back in the same condition in which you received it.
- If equipment is not returned in similar condition to how you received it, we reserve the right to charge repair and cleaning costs up to the the full retail price for the damaged item(s).
- If an item is lost / not returned to Geek Adventures for any reason, we reserve the right to charge the full current retail replacement cost of the item.
- Tents, canopies, and other items returned heavily soiled will incur a $30 minimum cleaning fee, with higher fees up to replacement cost for extremely soiled equipment.
- Rentals may be canceled up to 48 hrs in advance of the first day of the rental period with no penalty. If canceled within 48 hrs, 1 day rental fee will be deducted from refund.
Group trip terms
Cancellation and transfer policy
If you decide to cancel your adventure, the following fees apply:
- 91+ days prior to departure – 20% of total ticket price is non-refundable.
- 61 to 90 days prior to departure – 30% of total ticket price is non-refundable.
- 31 to 60 days prior to departure – 50% of total ticket price is non-refundable.
- 0 to 30 days prior to departure – 100% of total ticket price is non-refundable.
If you prefer to transfer to a different adventure, the following fees apply:
- 61+ days prior to departure = $200
- 31 to 60 days prior to departure = $400
- 0 to 30 days prior to departure = 100% of the trip cost is non-refundable
If you make your reservation within 31 days of arrival, payment in full is required. If paying in installments, all payments must be complete within 31 days of arrival.
In a case where a trip is cancelled by us, for example, due to insufficient participation, cancellations will be made with at least 30 days notice for overnight trips. A full refund will be issued.
Geek Adventures reserves the right to change or cancel this trip for force majeure or any other circumstances beyond our control. In the event of such cancellation, full or partial refunds (if any) will be at the sole discretion of Geek Adventures. Geek Adventures will notify you as soon as possible and will attempt to make only minor changes if required.
Geek Adventures does not provide personal travel insurance. Participants are advised to secure, at their own expense, personal travel, accident/illness and luggage insurance. Cancellation insurance is not included in the price of a tour.
Travelers suffering from any known or suspected medical condition that may have an effect on travel must notify Geek Adventures at least 30 days before departure. In such cases, the traveler must also produce a medical certificate confirming fitness to travel. Geek Adventures reserves the right to refuse or to cancel bookings if relevant certificates are not provided. In this regard, Geek Adventures will not be liable for any failure, negligence, or deceit on behalf of the traveler. Geek Adventures will not be liable for any operator’s refusal to carry any person who has not notified Geek Adventures of their condition.
Participants must abide by the instructions of the tour guide or the personnel of the party with whom Geek Adventures does business. The passenger is obligated to comply with the general law and public regulations in the visited country. Attendees should show consideration for fellow travelers and abide by the common practices in transportation vehicles, at the points of transit (for example, at air terminals), at places of accommodation, at restaurants, etc., as he/she is responsible for any damage he/she may cause by his/her conduct. A passenger who does not show up at the point of departure (for example, at the air terminal) at the appropriate time has waived his/her right to compensation if he/she misses the reserved tour.
If a passenger is in breach in this respect or who at the beginning of tour indicates that he/she will cause disturbance to the fellow travelers by means of conduct, intoxication, etc., Geek Adventures is authorized to prevent him/her from embarking on or continuing the journey. The relevant passenger must complete it at his/her expense, without any right to claim reimbursement from Geek Adventures.
Geek Adventures is authorized to refuse to accept the business of persons on the grounds of their previous offenses and to reject the business of individuals who the Geek Adventures deems as unable to travel, for example, on the grounds of illness, etc.